Our client based in Woodmead, Sandton is looking for a Senior Database Administrator to join their team.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Oversee all data generated, monitor server transaction speeds, and check for any degradation in service speeds due to SQL fragmentation or lack of maintenance
- Monitor all SQL instances and databases
- Ensure that all databases of the same platform are up-to-date and identical
- Ensure data is accurate and integrity is maintained with SQL backups and log shipping
- Ensure company records are archived and secure and keep company database maintenance plan intact with company records
- Ensure database security is correct and accurate and only allow required people to required databases
- Implement and maintain a high availability working environment with SQL replication for failover across all SQL instances
Database reports and dashboards
- Ensure all company reporting is accurate and running
- Build and maintain company dashboards
- Ensure all business intelligence is accessible at all times
- Ensure that all reconciliations take place and investigate discrepancies
Designing database solutions
- Design databases for custom build solutions and be able to understand high transaction flows and be able to build the databases, store procedure and functions as needed to meet the demands.
- Power BI or any third-party BI software
- Advanced-stage SQL and SQL replication
- Data warehousing and transactional data flows in systems
- Active Directory, DNS with work with SQL
- Virtual Server Experience, Azure or AWS experience a bonus with SQL
- Knowledge of all forms of internet connectivity
- SQL Security Implementations and Management
- Knowledge of SQL best practices for change control, implementations, etc.
- 12th grade
- Qualifications: Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in IT Administration, MCSE, ITIL, SQL and Database Design, etc.
- Experience: 5+ years in late-stage database administration with a proven track record.
- Must have own car and valid driver’s license
- Responsible, trustworthy and honest
Find out more/Apply to this position