Database Developer – GeekWork
At Presage Biosciences, you will have the chance to have a real impact on cancer research. As a Database Developer, you’ll work directly with scientists and lab technicians on our mission to revolutionize drug development and patient care. This is a very independent position where you will decide how best to meet the growing and changing data needs of the organization, while making a name for yourself in Seattle’s growing biotech community.
Presage Biosciences, Inc. is an innovative oncology company with an entirely new platform for evaluating new drugs and combinations to treat solid tumors. Our proprietary technology platform, CIVO®, simultaneously analyzes multiple cancer drug candidates and drug combinations within a single live tumor.
Presage is a growing, privately held company led by an experienced management team and headquartered in the vibrant South Lake Union neighborhood of Seattle, WA.
· Design, develop, deploy, maintain, support and extend database applications
· Create scripts for data integration, data maintenance or bug fixes
Develop proactive working relationships with employees to determine business and functional requirements
Identify solutions to solve employee data needs
· Design user interfaces
· Prototype new applications to refine requirements
· Provide technical advice and respond to error reports, problems or questions
Provide data integration solutions for imaging processes
Review, analyze and document data and workflow processes
Assist with relational database administrative maintenance, including backup/recovery, task scheduling, problem diagnosis, and performance fine-tuning
· Design and implement data models
Help resolve database capacity issues, replication and other distributed data issues
Manage timeline for expected resolution of changes
Build consensus on priorities to create potential solutions and solve problems
Develop a business strategy for data management
· Define and implement the software development life cycle
Automate diagnostics of deployed systems
Look for third-party solutions as an alternative to development
Support data analysis efforts by other employees
· General information technology duties as required
• Other tasks on request
• A bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer science, or equivalent experience
• Three years of experience developing relational database applications
• Two years of experience in front and back-end web application development
• Experience providing software support and user advocacy
• Experience deploying software and data patches
• Demonstrated ability to implement a software development lifecycle
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to learn and model complex knowledge in a domain
• Ability to self-manage and prioritize assigned tasks
• Experience in negotiating requirements and priorities with users and stakeholders
• Experience with most of the following concepts: Object Oriented Programming, MVC, Extract/Transform/Load Process, Application Logging, Exception Handling, Audit Tracking, Assignment, Issue Tracking, Version Control, Release Management
In the office
If you enjoy a stimulating office environment, are based in the Seattle area, and most importantly, have a passion for improving the lives of cancer patients, come join us!
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to:
Presage Biosciences, Inc.
Attention: Human Resources
530 Fairview Avenue North, Suite 1000
Seattle, WA 98109
Email: [email protected]
Presage Biosciences, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.