Database Administrator (SQL Server) job at Hightown Housing Association Limited
Database Administrator (SQL Server)
£45,000 per year
In Hightown, we are a housing charity that build houses and help people.
We have an opportunity for a DBA within our busy IT team for someone who has the right values, behaviors and attitudes to make a difference, namely:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- treat people with respectpromoting autonomy and choice
- Development keen and committed teams
- Be profitable without compromising standards or safety
If you share our values, we would like you to work for us.
Who are we looking for
We are looking for someone who has:
- Knowledge and experience in building and maintaining SQL Server environment
- Experience with advanced T-SQL coding
- SSRS, SSIS, XML experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A logical mind with good mathematical skills
- The ability to prioritize and multi-task
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who love a challenge and seeks to work in a team as alone which can make a real difference in help others within the organism.
About the role
You will work as part of a busy in-house IT team, maintaining and supporting the SQL Server environment, as well as assisting software development and business intelligence teams with their applications and reporting based on SQL.
You will be expected
- use your skills to help with system architecture planning and decision making
- be the primary technical liaison with third-party software vendors on database-related issues
- Maintain associations’ existing database systems and plan upgrades
- Periodically review the SQL code produced by the software development and business information teams, helping them perform at their best
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you or would like to have a casual chat, please contact [email protected]
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer an extensive benefits package that includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year included, increasing with seniority
- Annual bonuses based on satisfactory performance
- Regular salary and cost of living reviews
- An organizational commitment to employee health and well-being
- Life insurance of three times your annual salary and a workplace pension plan.
- Ongoing training and support to provide exceptional support
- On-site gym
Hightown is a housing charity operating primarily in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need. So our goal is to build new housing and provide quality housing and support.
We currently manage over 8,000 homes from our head office in Hemel Hempstead and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff. We have an annual turnover of £120m and a development program that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.
If you would like to join our friendly team, please apply below.
Closing date: Thursday, May 19, 2022
First telephone interviews: to be confirmed
To stay safe in your job search, we recommend visiting SAFERjobs, a joint industry and law enforcement non-profit organization that fights employment scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and for free expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that suitable candidates will be invited for an interview throughout the application window and therefore the vacancy may be closed at short notice. However, all applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application and therefore interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We have safely reopened our offices in Hemel Hempstead. All applicants must be able to travel to our office in Hemel Hempstead with the option to work from home up to two days a week as part of our work from home trial.