Main objective of the position:
- Coordinate and manage all ICT and HMIS systems in accordance with donor, DoH and program objectives
- With RHI – Lejweleputswa (Free State)
Key performance areas:
Database development and management
- Translate business needs into technical specifications
- Design, build and deploy internal systems and solutions (e.g. reporting tools)
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms
- Create tools to store data
- Perform unit testing and troubleshooting of all data management systems
- Assess and improve existing data management systems
- Collaborate with teams to integrate data management systems
Data systems support
- Perform hardware assessments of all facility IT equipment used specifically for data capture
- Install antivirus to ensure all PCs are regularly updated
- Review all operating systems and test functionality
- Realize installations of electronic tools of the health information system (Example: [URL Removed] all health information systems
- Support for the collection and analysis of HIV & AIDS / TB data from all computer systems used by the Ministry of Health
ICT coordination and knowledge management
- Manage and monitor application configurations
- Manage and monitor application performance against service level agreements (SLAs) and business requirements
- Install and update software and applications as needed by the user
- Provide support for software updates to the TB/HIV Electronic Registry (TIER.Net)
- Liaise with local health facility managers of the ART registry and electronic medical records as well as other relevant components regarding day-to-day operational matters
Effective self-management and ownership of performance
- Take responsibility and accountability for tasks and demonstrate effective self-management
- Follow up to ensure quality and productivity standards of own work are maintained consistently and accurately
- Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback
Minimum education and training required:
- Degree in ICT, BSc/BA in Computer Science or similar discipline. Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Excellent data presentation skills (mainly MS Excel and PowerPoint) and good understanding of statistical analysis and data analysis
Minimum professional experience required:
- 1-3 years developing, implementing and managing information systems, including health management information systems such as [URL Removed] DHIS and others
- Proven experience in software development and complex data management
- Work with donor-driven programs
- Database capacity building and mentoring
- Report writing
- Valid SA driver’s license
Additional education, work experience and personal abilities desirable:
- Be a proactive agent influencing positive change with external stakeholders with the ability to develop and maintain relationships at all levels of Wits RHI and partner organizations
- Positive and energetic team leader with an ability to adapt to complex situations, manage stress, proactively achieve goals
- Organized with a thorough and precise approach to work and attention to detail. Proven ability to take initiative and innovate
- Local travel and overtime will be required
- Must be able to work in time-constrained environments with very tight deadlines
Communications and relationships:
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization, as well as with all external stakeholders
- Only if you meet the minimum job requirements and experience mentioned above can you submit a detailed and updated CV.
- Please apply online and complete your registration on Ditto Hire (our Applicant Tracking System) to enable and protect you as a candidate. to accept the new general conditions of POPIA. This will then create your permanent profile with which you can apply for all jobs advertised by AJ PERSONNEL. However, you can delete your PERSONAL AJ profile when you are no longer on the job market.
- AJ Personnel is fully POPIA compliant.
- Please note that candidates who do not meet the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- Deadline for all applications: August 15, 2022.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date may consider their application unsuccessful.
- Our client, WHC – RHI, maintains mandatory Covid-19 requirements, and as such, only Covid-19 vaccinated incumbents will be considered for positions.
- WHC, in accordance with its employment equity objectives and plan, will give preference to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments .
- AJ Personnel is solely responsible for advertising advertising on behalf of its client Wits Health Consortium.
- AJ Personnel has no salary or other information regarding the position.
About the employer:
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a renowned African-led research institute that seeks solutions to Africa’s health challenges.
It is located within the University of the Witwatersrand and addresses some of the biggest public health issues affecting our region including HIV and related issues, sexual and reproductive health and vaccinology.
Find out more/Apply to this position